Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started a few days ago - Hello!

3 posters

Go down

Started a few days ago - Hello! Empty Started a few days ago - Hello!

Post by GChrome Fri May 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Hello!

I started playing eRepublik about 6 days ago, and I have been doing okay. I have been reading through the forums and found that you guys are a great community! But I am struggling to try to save up my money to buy things. I found a job today that offers a decent pay of 2.25 CAD and is Q1. Is that good or bad job? I need some tips and advice from all of you on what to do! I also want my wellness higher so I do not have to worry about food too much and wondering how to do that.

Thank for reading,
GChrome, Resident of eCanada

Edit: Just noticed that I posted this on the wrong section of the forums (I think), is it possible to move this to the appropriate secton of the forum.
GChrome
GChrome
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Started a few days ago - Hello! Empty Re: Started a few days ago - Hello!

Post by rockimus Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Welcome to eCanada GChrome... it looks like we started at approx. the same time. I have taken advantage of some of the government programs which has really helped me get set up in this.

Firstly make sure you are "masked" so you can view the rest of the Canadian forum. To do this, PM Mustache Dictator and tell him you are a new citizen and wish to be masked.

Secondly, there is a 15 CAD bursary you are eligible for as a new eCanadian. You can view the thread here and follow the instructions: New Citizens: To Receive Additonal Money.

If and once you get your 15 CAD, you may use it as you please but a good way is to use it for another government program which helps you increase wellness. You can read about it here: Information about the Canadian Health Plan. Basically what it allows you to do is to donate money to the health care system and in turn they will reward you with gifts. These gifts (depending on the amount you donate) will give you wellness at a much more efficient and cost saving way then by purchasing higher quality food with that same money.

As far as a job goes, a Q1 job is good to have as it doesn't reduce your wellness much when you work. Being productive to the company and maintaining a friendly relationship with the owner also helps. Keep in mind also that your wellness effects your production at work. So the lower you are in wellness when you work the less production your boss gets out of you so he/she should want you to be well off.

Since I am new myself I am also still learning but those are some of the tips that I can pass along at this point. Hope that helps.
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by GChrome Fri May 01, 2009 11:21 pm

Thank you, I contacted Mustache Dictator, and sent a message to Immigration Canada to receive my bursary. I am still wondering for other ways to raise my wellness. I am in a company that is interested in my well being and is going to help me raise my wellness, they seem to be friendly as they spoke to me about my low wellness, and I explained it to them.
GChrome
GChrome
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 am

With a Q1 Job, Q1 Food and Training every day; at your current wellness of 36.88 you're losing 0.87 wellness less 0.01 per day.
I.E. Today you lose 0.87, tomorrow 0.86, day after 0.85 ...

If you get a gift from the CHS every 2 days ($3.09 CAD every 2 days = $1.55 CAD per day you need to save outside of the cost of food) you'll gain about 0.28 wellness per day.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by GChrome Sat May 02, 2009 1:56 pm

I just fought, and used the hospital, and I thought you could use the hospital multiple times, so I kept fighting, and now Im back at 38 wellness....
GChrome
GChrome
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Sat May 02, 2009 2:08 pm

It's one hospital use per day, otherwise people would be able to never stop fighting.

Did you at least work immediately after you used the hospital?
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by GChrome Sat May 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Yes, good thing I did that, well now at least I know now. And I'll heal tomorrow, so I could have high productivity again.
GChrome
GChrome
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum