Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Companies questions - a somewhat new player needs your help

5 posters

Go down

Companies questions - a somewhat new player needs your help Empty Companies questions - a somewhat new player needs your help

Post by prometous Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 am

Hey guys,

I have been playing for 35 days or so and I feel that I progressed well. Im now almost at lvl 15 (should happen tomorrow) with a manufacturing skill of 3.95 and strength of 4.72 (Sergeant lvl). Now, my next goal is to solidify my financial future. Currently I possess 6.5 gold, 20 CAD, Q1 house and some food (Q1 since Im fighting almost every day). I should get another 5 gold in a week or so from the "super soldier" achievement (strength = 5) raising my personal worth to about 12 gold.

Here are my questions regarding companies:

1. What is the minimum capital (i.e. gold) that a player should have when starting a company? A company can be bought for ~15 gold but I am unsure of the daily budget require to run a small company.

2. What is a good type of company for a starting manager? Clearly, the high value item (hospital, defense systems, house) should be avoided but again I am unsure of what (iron, grain, food, gift, ...) should be chosen for a new company?

3. Is there benefits in setting up an organization to run the company?

4. Should a company be bough/setup in Canada or abroad?

Thanks for your help

Prometous
prometous
prometous
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Companies questions - a somewhat new player needs your help Empty Re: Companies questions - a somewhat new player needs your help

Post by Alias Vision Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:28 pm

None of those questions have easy answers... it always depends.

1. Q1 companies you need roughly 30 gold to be safe (20+5 for org+5 reserve until you get your feet wet). Q2 you are looking at 50-55 gold... more in both cases if you want to include an export license (20 gold a pop).

Caution on the company for sale... although there are deals to be had, many times the companies sold are raw materials in unproductive regions, manufacturing in saturated countries and construction who are extremely capital intensive.

2. The easiest to run is a raw material company because what you see is what you get. The catch here is that RM are basically never profitable at Q1 so you either need to fill an immediate need or have funds coming your way fast to upgrade to Q2.

It's not the sexy thing to do but study your market before buying. All companies are needed somewhere... you just have to figure out where.

**edit** if buying/creating a RM company, ONLY do so in a HIGH region

3. Yes. Your organization can travel instead of you and can buy raw materials if needed. The biggest advantage is that you can keep working wherever you want while managing companies with your org (therefore an added source of income).

4. Again depends... you can setup a company in Canada that will export to a needed market abroad or you can do the opposite (i.e. for Iron although that may not be true very much longer as more companies already are filling the need).

Like with everything else in business... take your time and do your homework.
Alias Vision
Alias Vision
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Companies questions - a somewhat new player needs your help Empty Re: Companies questions - a somewhat new player needs your help

Post by chucky norris Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:29 pm

One thing, make sure to check everything if you're going abroad, since it's different currency, you will need to take it out of your company and then in your org to go to the monetary market but you will get taxed for getting this money out. So it's a 10% tax on everything you sell. A way to counter balance this a bit is to mix your sales between abroad and canadian. This will have for effect that you will have some CAD to use on your employee instead of getting it all out of your account.
chucky norris
chucky norris
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by prometous Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanks guys!

I still have some questions though Very Happy

1. What is the difference in production between a region of High and Medium productivity? I could not find that answer in the wiki scratch

2. Why are Q1 company of raw materials so bad? Im guessing their product are of lower value but at the same time it would take less to produce them, no?

3. In general, how saturated is the Canadian market for raw material? From what I saw grain seems to be pretty saturated while iron seems to be in high demands. That only leaves diamond or oil which I have not look at.

Thanks again!
prometous
prometous
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmartin Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:46 am

prometous wrote:

1. What is the difference in production between a region of High and Medium productivity? I could not find that answer in the wiki scratch
Thanks again!
According to Big Brothers Company Profit Calculator a high density region will be around twice as productive compared to a medium density one. (source: erepublik.ws company profit calculator)
prometous wrote:

2. Why are Q1 company of raw materials so bad? Im guessing their product are of lower value but at the same time it would take less to produce them, no?

Thanks again!
Its not that Q1 raw material company's are bad, it is just that it is nearly impossible to run a profit in a Q1 raw materials company. Secondly if you have a Q2 company your workers produce the same amount of material but you are getting double the sale price. e.g. Q1 Diamonds = 0.34 CAD while Q2 Diamonds sell for 0.58 CAD (source: my own business experience).
Benmartin
Benmartin
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosyt Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:48 am

Well, Q2 doesn't produce the exact same amount. Productivity goes down a bit, however it's not that significant, like one or two points per person, which is why Q2 is so much better Razz
Nosyt
Nosyt
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by prometous Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:25 am

I found an interesting tread discussing most of these issues in the official forum. Here is the link, http://www.erepublik.com/en/forum/topic/101441/profit-at-q1-company/1
prometous
prometous
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down