Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey

+3
Mackaybre
Cowak
rockimus
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hey Empty Hey

Post by rockimus Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 am

I stumbled upon eRep. and decided to give it a whirl. Still trying to catch up with everything but am looking forward to seeing how it all progresses. Sent a message off and am waiting for my "masking".
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Hey Empty Re: Hey

Post by Cowak Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 am

Welcome, in what province are you located ingame?
Cowak
Cowak
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I am located in British Columbia.
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Definitely check out the New Citizen's Support forum, the FAQ located there is pretty comprehensive.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Sullivan Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Go Canucks go! Smile

Jeff Sullivan
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythian Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:06 am

Jeff Sullivan wrote:Go Canucks go! Smile
indeed.

rockimus,

We currently running DAL Charity for a newcomers. So let me know if we can help you with money or any other way.

Scythian
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:12 am

Awwww Yeah!!!!

Scythian wrote:rockimus,

We currently running DAL Charity for a newcomers. So let me know if we can help you with money or any other way.

Thank you for the support Scythian. I am slowly learning how this all works, I know I can't do too much until level 5 (when I can start fighting). I may hit you up with some guidance as it is all a little overwhelming at first as I really haven't gotten deep into how the political parties work. From reading some of the newest events in eCanada, it looks like I just missed out on some crazy stuff so I am kinda taking everything at pace until I get a grasp of the game. I will definitely stick around though as this all looks awesome. Very Happy
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythian Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:09 pm

rockimus wrote:
Awwww Yeah!!!!

Thank you for the support Scythian. I am slowly learning how this all works, I know I can't do too much until level 5 (when I can start fighting). I may hit you up with some guidance as it is all a little overwhelming at first as I really haven't gotten deep into how the political parties work. From reading some of the newest events in eCanada, it looks like I just missed out on some crazy stuff so I am kinda taking everything at pace until I get a grasp of the game. I will definitely stick around though as this all looks awesome. Very Happy

That's the idea actually. We trying to run an education program as well but the truth is that you won't get to far without money. At the moment you have to maintain your wellness y finding low quality job with more or less fine salary. I would give you a link to the Charity thread but you can't see it until you masked anyway. So for know you can PM me in game if you have any questions.

Scythian
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by frankypicoto Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Welcome! More ppl in BC !!! Very Happy
frankypicoto
frankypicoto
Reliable Spammer
Reliable Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Scythian wrote:That's the idea actually. We trying to run an education program as well but the truth is that you won't get to far without money. At the moment you have to maintain your wellness y finding low quality job with more or less fine salary. I would give you a link to the Charity thread but you can't see it until you masked anyway. So for know you can PM me in game if you have any questions.

I have been "masked" so I can see the forum. I already read that thread and it looks like a great idea. Probably once I get to level 5-7, I will start getting more involved and will probably have some more questions. I applied for that "New Citizen Program" so that should help (if I am eligible for it).

I will get in touch with you if I need help (which will probably be the case Laughing).

Thank you Scythian and thanks for the welcome guys. Smile
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythian Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:22 pm

rockimus,

I checked your profile and it looks like you working for a Q3 company. That's bad. Try to find something with less quality.

Scythian
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:40 pm

I checked your profile and it looks like you working for a Q3 company. That's bad. Try to find something with less quality.

Hehe, thanks. I didn't know about the whole "Quality" thing regarding work until I read a thread about how the higher quality the job the higher quality of food is required. I worked already today so I can't quit until tomorrow. I will definitely do that as soon as I am allowed.
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythian Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:59 pm

rockimus wrote:

Hehe, thanks. I didn't know about the whole "Quality" thing regarding work until I read a thread about how the higher quality the job the higher quality of food is required. I worked already today so I can't quit until tomorrow. I will definitely do that as soon as I am allowed.

I asked our charity to send some money your way. Get some Q3 food, fix your wellness. The problem is that to join a fight you have to be 40+ wellness.

Scythian
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Awesome, thanks.

I (probably stupidly) bought a 1Q food then proceeded to buy two separate 2Q food. Laughing So I will have a fair amount of junk food for backup I guess.

I will make sure to get back to 40+ wellness as soon as possible... probably going to drop a bit more by tomorrow before I can switch jobs.
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Books Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:14 pm

You may have to ask your employer (by pm) to fire you. It takes a couple of days to quit after you've started a new job. Also, if you are looking for good q1 work, PM me (Books) and I can open up another spot for you on my farm.
Books
Books
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Books wrote:You may have to ask your employer (by pm) to fire you. It takes a couple of days to quit after you've started a new job. Also, if you are looking for good q1 work, PM me (Books) and I can open up another spot for you on my farm.

Oh OK, I thought you could just hit "Quit" or whatever and it would allow you to leave.

I am not sure who I should contact to ask to be fired though. When I go to my company it is called "Smart Solutions Diamonds". When I go to that profile it says the GM is "Smart Solutions Holding". Then inside that profile is a bunch of other corporations (I think). Should I send the PM to the GM (Smart Solutions Holding) or do I have to dig deeper to find who is exactly the person in charge?

Thanks for the job offer, I will hit you up when I am free from my old job.
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythian Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:45 pm

no, just PM whoever is your current employer, they'll get your message.

Scythian
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Books Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Yeah, just hit up the gm. They'll figure it out. Try quitting tho. It depends when you started working at the job...I think you can't quit for 4 days or something like that. They'll let you go tho.
Books
Books
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:48 pm

It's 3 days so that the employer can have some consistency in the workforce.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:34 pm

When I try to quit it says I can't until just after midnight tonight. So I think that I should be fine to quit if the GM doesn't get my PM.

Thanks for the info.
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Scythian Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 pm

rockimus wrote:When I try to quit it says I can't until just after midnight tonight. So I think that I should be fine to quit if the GM doesn't get my PM.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, just don't forget about it 2morrow morning Smile You should receive 10 CAD from our charity BTW. I'd recommend to buy a Q3 food which in partnership with Q1 job will fix your wellness eventually.

Scythian
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm super-psyched about the DAL-Chairty helping newcomers, but I should point out that you're wasting money by doing it the way Scythian suggested.

Buying Q3 Food at $4.93 CAD per Q3 Food and you're paying $1.64 / Wellness gained each day.

If you buy Q1 Food and get 1 gift from the
Canadian Health Services (Forum Link) (eRep Link), which is $1.04 CAD per Q1 Food + $3.09 CAD per 2 Wellness (Gifted from CHS)) you're paying $1.38 per wellness. Daily savings of $0.80 CAD.

If you haven't already gotten the Immigration Bonus of $15 CAD, you can apply for that as well. Then you can purchase a max of 10 wellness in one day for $15.45 CAD ($3.09 x 5) and get back up in wellness quicker.

Also, once you're over level 5 (can fight), have enough for a pair of moving tickets ($20 - 25 CAD) and you're over 40 wellness, you could move overseas, fight once, use a Q5 hospital, and then come back with 40 extra wellness. $20 CAD/40 Wellness = $0.50 CAD per wellness, and $25 CAD/40 Wellness = $0.63 CAD per wellness, so that's even cheaper of a wellness boost per CAD invested, plus you get a little extra EP from fighting.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Shocked You just blew my mind. I had no idea that there were all of those options available.

A couple of things though:

Mackaybre wrote:Buying Q3 Food at $4.93 CAD per Q3 Food and you're paying $1.64 / Wellness gained each day.

If you buy Q1 Food and get 1 gift from the
Canadian Health Services (Forum Link) (eRep Link), which is $1.04 CAD per Q1 Food + $3.09 CAD per 2 Wellness (Gifted from CHS)) you're paying $1.38 per wellness. Daily savings of $0.80 CAD.

I went to the link but it isn't available to me until I am 2 weeks old (I am not quite 1 week old now). So for the time being, wouldn't it make sense to buy the Q3 food until I can be eligible for the CHS? Rather then keep losing wellness for another 7+ days until I can apply. Sorry if I am looking at it wrong, taking a little bit for this to completely sink in.

Mackaybre wrote:If you haven't already gotten the Immigration Bonus of $15 CAD, you can apply for that as well. Then you can purchase a max of 10 wellness in one day for $15.45 CAD ($3.09 x 5) and get back up in wellness quicker.

I applied for this yesterday, thanks. I will do as you suggested with it and use it for that CSH gifting program when I am eligible.

Mackaybre wrote:Also, once you're over level 5 (can fight), have enough for a pair of moving tickets ($20 - 25 CAD) and you're over 40 wellness, you could move overseas, fight once, use a Q5 hospital, and then come back with 40 extra wellness. $20 CAD/40 Wellness = $0.50 CAD per wellness, and $25 CAD/40 Wellness = $0.63 CAD per wellness, so that's even cheaper of a wellness boost per CAD invested, plus you get a little extra EP from fighting.

I haven't even gotten to the fighting part of the game, great early tip... I will keep that in mind when I get to that stage. Appreciate the help. Very Happy

Scythian wrote:You should receive 10 CAD from our charity BTW.

Excellent, I already got it in my account, that should help a lot. Thank you Scythian and the DAL party for that gift, it won't be forgotten. Wink
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:00 pm

rockimus wrote:
I went to the link but it isn't available to me until I am 2 weeks old (I am not quite 1 week old now). So for the time being, wouldn't it make sense to buy the Q3 food until I can be eligible for the CHS? Rather then keep losing wellness for another 7+ days until I can apply. Sorry if I am looking at it wrong, taking a little bit for this to completely sink in.

I`ll have to mention that to Emilio Sanchez (Minister of Social Services) and talk about the meaning and intention of those restrictions. I would interpret the intention behind the 2-week minimum to be about ensuring a citizen is able to afford both food and gifts on your own, ie: the salary a 2-week old should make ought to be enough for at least 1 Q1 food and 1 CHS gift. The intention may also be to prevent newborns from buying Gifts instead of Food, or perhaps to mitigate against providing the discount to people who may quit after a short time. Basically, I would say that if you can afford to buy food and still have enough for a gift, you should be able to take advantage of the program notwithstanding your age.

Notwithstanding those interpretations, under the current rules, the DAL Charity would still be in a position to put in an order to CHS on your behalf; that is, they pay the CHS and direct the gift to you. This is not unprecedented, as we've accepted orders from people who wanted someone else gifted and it's worked out fine. It's a bit more work, but I'll have a chat with the DAL people and see if they want to set something like that up for cases like yours. Also, if I get a hold of Emilio later tonight, I can update you on the possibility of implementing this plan immediately.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by rockimus Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Yeah, the 2 week restriction is understandable... no reason to "waste" a promotion like that on someone who may only be around for a couple of days.

I appreciate the effort you are putting in, please let me know if anything is needed on my part.

Last edited by rockimus on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Testing my new signature)
rockimus
rockimus
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum