Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House subsidy

+4
Mackaybre
qwertymcherty
Emilio Sanchez
Le Grand Monarque
8 posters

Go down

Does a subsidy making it possible to buy Q1 houses with 30$CAN and to buy Q2 houses with 4GOLD+OldQ1House is suitable?

House subsidy Vote_lcap40%House subsidy Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 17 ]
House subsidy Vote_lcap9%House subsidy Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
House subsidy Vote_lcap51%House subsidy Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 22 ]

Total Votes : 43

House subsidy Empty House subsidy

Post by Le Grand Monarque Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:21 am

Q1, Q2 and Q3 house subsidy should be a priority for our country. An higher wellness will increase the strength of our industry. It's mean more profits for the business owner, more money to the workers, more taxes for the Governement, more wellness for the Soldiers and more weapons produced.

Le Grand Monarque

Last edited by Tom Hagen on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed the poll so you can only choose 1 option)

Le Grand Monarque
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

House subsidy Empty Re: House subsidy

Post by Emilio Sanchez Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:59 pm

This is a good idea. But as your last option says, it would cost too much for the government. Not to mention the fact that it would be hard to guarantee that people would use the money to buy houses. People may buy the Q1 house, but if you give them a 40 gold subsidy. They may have the urge to take that 40 gold and start a company instead.

It would be possible to create contracts, but depending on how many people apply. It would be very time consuming keeping track of all those contracts.

But the biggest issue would be the cost to the government.
Emilio Sanchez
Emilio Sanchez

http://meqi.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymcherty Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:58 pm

it would cost hugely for the gov't but, i personally think that the citizens would remember the price the gov't paid and repay them for the help that they gave to new and hopeful players. i know ill never forget that 15 CAN from immigration, it helped me out aloooot
qwertymcherty
qwertymcherty
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:09 am

Quoted For Truth:
qwertymcherty wrote:i know ill never forget that 15 CAN from immigration, it helped me out aloooot

Yep, it was much appreciated.

As far as Government Subsidies go, I see it being more of a case-by-case proposal than a set Department like the Healthcare system or Immigration. Contracts are a pain to maintain, and at the level people are interested in buying a Q1 house, they'd have to pay back over a longer term. Those same people would still not necessarily be invested enough in the game to keep playing. Hence, less likelihood of paying back the subsidy, which is a money pit for the eCanadian gov't.

Also, it's kind of a slippery slope to get into. Coddle us (hereafter referred to as "them") newbies and you risk them never becoming self-sufficient. Give them nothing, and you risk them becoming discouraged and leaving the game. Give them Everything and they become bored with the game because there's nothing to look forward to.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Kaine Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:26 am

I agree that the $15 from immigration really helped out my newbie start.

The subsidies idea isn't a bad thought. However, good points have been raised here and I think the glaring issue is the cost it would have to the government and essentially, we're paying the government through our taxes so it's money out of our own pockets.

The price of Houses isn't that bad. If you save up and work everyday, you could afford a Q1 house in about 2 months. lol, that might seem a little long but I think it's a good goal to strive for. In finally becoming a homeowner, you could get a real sense of accomplishment.

While I appreciate the thought I think the costs of the action is too high when it's not really all that essential.
Mick Kaine
Mick Kaine
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Cool Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:04 pm

The $15 from immigration was extremely helpful. It looked a little bleak otherwise. If would lean more to subsidize food because I find it rather expensive. I found that there was a gap between level pay and the same level food.

Chris Cool
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Wood Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Emilio Sanchez wrote:This is a good idea. But as your last option says, it would cost too much for the government. Not to mention the fact that it would be hard to guarantee that people would use the money to buy houses. People may buy the Q1 house, but if you give them a 40 gold subsidy. They may have the urge to take that 40 gold and start a company instead.

It would be possible to create contracts, but depending on how many people apply. It would be very time consuming keeping track of all those contracts.

But the biggest issue would be the cost to the government.

JOE IS A GOD

doesn't it say 4 gold? where'd 40 come from? and thanks, but i'm not quite a god yet Razz

i think its a good idea, seeing as its possible to buy a Q2 house for a low as 8 gold (what i'm trying to do)

instead of spending 4 or 5 gold on a Q1 house, THEN ANOTHER 9 gold on a Q2 house, meaning you paid around 14 gold for your Q2 house, you trade 4 gold and your old house for a Q2 house, so your still buying a Q2 house for only around 9 gold.

although i've never heard the word subsidy before, so i could be making an idiot out of myself. even gods do that when they're new.
Joe Wood
Joe Wood
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Horase Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Unless my math is wrong, the 3 categories aren't adding up to 100%, weird.
I'm gonna agree with the majority and say it's a good idea but too much cost for the government.

If it does happen, it could be done up so there's a certain time period you need to be playing to qualify, like 2-3 weeks to show you plan on playing for a while.

As for the gold going to things other than homes, couldn't the government just give homes to citizens instead of the value of a home? The citizen would still need to pay the value of the home back of course, but if they got the actual product instead of the gold they wouldn't be able to start a company or organization with it.
Horase
Horase
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down