Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all(Anyone interested in Q1 houses?)

+9
Major Cheat
Horase
Banach
charles.widmore
Colwell
Chris Cool
JJJHS
Sirelandry
outerinvader
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi all(Anyone interested in Q1 houses?) Empty Hi all(Anyone interested in Q1 houses?)

Post by outerinvader Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm selling houses (Q1 only atm) I'm selling them at 4.2G ea. Pm me(In-game preferably)
I sell the houses through the donation system (so once you purchase a house from me please post here how it went, in order to better my rep.)
Hope to hear from you soon.

outerinvader
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Hi all(Anyone interested in Q1 houses?) Empty Re: Hi all(Anyone interested in Q1 houses?)

Post by Sirelandry Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 am

Bwable is definitely looking for one.
Sirelandry
Sirelandry
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Hi all(Anyone interested in Q1 houses?) Empty Re: Hi all(Anyone interested in Q1 houses?)

Post by JJJHS Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:44 pm

i might consider it
JJJHS
JJJHS
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Cool Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Price sounds about right.

Chris Cool
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Colwell Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Gawd damn I just spent 7g on a house
Colwell
Colwell
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by charles.widmore Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:34 pm

Out of curiousity, what is the benefit of having a house?

charles.widmore
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Banach Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Good price. 4.2 GOLD is acceptable for Q1.

a Q1 house gives you bonus welness when it is paired up with food. Every day you get a bonus depending on the "Q".
Banach
Banach
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Horase Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm

I've looked into this, and he replied today asking for the gold up front and would have the home to me within 24 hours.

I asked for a contract to be written up ensuring I'll get the house before I front the gold, that would be the right thing to do right?
Horase
Horase
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Cheat Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:30 am

No offence to the original poster, but has anyone else wondered how someone who was only playing the game for 8 days can all of a sudden be in the housing business, without even owning a housing company? Especially selling at such a low price.

Judging by his friends list, the houses are prolly made in Hungary by this company http://www.erepublik.com/en/company/a-kacsalab-183878. But I can't be positive.

I have to ask why this forum is allowing foreign folks to sell their goods here. I thought the whole idea of this place was to promote Canadian business/affairs. Now you're letting people join and hock their wares no matter where they live?

Major Cheat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dade Pendwyn Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:05 am

If Hungarians provide cheap houses to Canadians so they can increase their wellness and productivity, I don't see the problem in it.
Dade Pendwyn
Dade Pendwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by TTplaya Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:45 am

Maybe this is why the original poster is not masked as a citizen.

We don't keep anyone from signing up in the forum. We screen people when they request to be masked as a citizen.
TTplaya
TTplaya
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1309480

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Cheat Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:54 am

Dade Pendwyn wrote:If Hungarians provide cheap houses to Canadians so they can increase their wellness and productivity, I don't see the problem in it.

Using that argument, one could say why bother buying Cdn food if other countries can increase Cdn citizen wellness with cheap foreign imports... or gifts... etc. In fact why buy anything Cdn.? Are you now saying that everyone should simply buy what is cheapest on the market?
My understanding of this place was that it was to promote Cdn companies. Am I wrong? How often are we asked to support/buy Cdn products? All the time. Now you've seemed to change your tune.

Major Cheat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dade Pendwyn Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:04 am

Major Cheat wrote:
Dade Pendwyn wrote:If Hungarians provide cheap houses to Canadians so they can increase their wellness and productivity, I don't see the problem in it.

Using that argument, one could say why bother buying Cdn food if other countries can increase Cdn citizen wellness with cheap foreign imports... or gifts... etc. In fact why buy anything Cdn.? Are you now saying that everyone should simply buy what is cheapest on the market?
My understanding of this place was that it was to promote Cdn companies. Am I wrong? How often are we asked to support/buy Cdn products? All the time. Now you've seemed to change your tune.

"This place" has nothing to do with promoting Canadian products. This is the New Citizen's Lounge, and is open for anyone to post. There's nothing wrong with some foreign competition to keep Canadian business owners honest...I should know, I am one.
Dade Pendwyn
Dade Pendwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Cheat Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:15 am

Last time I checked, the banner says "Official eCanada forums - Center of eCanada's Government and Society".
Does it seem a little self-defeating to anyone else that we're constantly told to buy Cdn. but around here we willingly promote other nations goods? Seems a little hypocritical to me. Kinda giving me mixed signals.

Major Cheat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dade Pendwyn Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:27 am

This is Canada, not 1944 Germany. Besides, nobody buys houses of the market anyway. You're considerably overreacting.
Dade Pendwyn
Dade Pendwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Cheat Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:49 am

Dade Pendwyn wrote:This is Canada, not 1944 Germany. Besides, nobody buys houses of the market anyway. You're considerably overreacting.

You're comparing my comments to Nazi Germany, and I'm over-reacting? Get a grip buddy. Your support of Hungarian dealers is surprizing. You do realize they're the enemy right.....
Sprechen sie Deutsches!?! Who won the 1936 World Series?
Suspect

Major Cheat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Horase Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 am

Not a single helpful reply, that's a first. I went ahead and drafted up a contract between the two of us, just awaiting his reply. I'll post back with the outcome.
Horase
Horase
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by TTplaya Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 am

Horase wrote:Not a single helpful reply, that's a first. I went ahead and drafted up a contract between the two of us, just awaiting his reply. I'll post back with the outcome.
Sorry, the whole conversation got steered away from your question because of Major Cheat's comments Smile

Yes, that is the right thing to do. Or, the other way would be to ask whether they'd be willing to sell through a reputable middle-person, like the eCanada Trader (operated by raptorfan) or something.
TTplaya
TTplaya
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Horase Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:52 am

It's all good, I figured it was the right step and he said he would agree to a contract last night. I was just concerned with the fact he wanted my gold up front with no solid guarantee of him upholding his end, after a bit more reading last night I realized this was the reason for the contract system. If you have a second, could you quickly read over the contract I drafted to make sure it's done right?

it can be found here

Thanks for your time Very Happy
Horase
Horase
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:35 am

I might go ahead and provide Profile links for both parties as a precaution. That is, just identify both parties by name and by Profile link.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Horase Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Will do, I can still legally edit it as he hasn't signed correct?
Horase
Horase
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah, and as long as he puts the contract terms in his post as well, yeah. Take a screenshot once he does so as well.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Horase Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Got a screenshot, is it a huge deal that he didn't copy the contract into his agreement post?
Horase
Horase
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:18 pm

I think as long as the timestamp of your editing of the initial post is long enough prior to his signing of it, it'll be okay.

If you want to be certain, just ask him to copy/paste the terms into a new reply and sign again. It seems to be that everyone else on that contract forum copies/pastes when they sign.
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by TTplaya Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:34 am

I think the advice that Mackaybre gave is good... Unfortunately I don't have any experience in contract dealing either, so I can't really help you there in terms of seeing whether your contract is good. When I bought my Q5 house (my biggest purchase so far), I just went through a trusted middle-person. I think going through a trusted middle-person is more secure than setting up a contract, because I've heard many stories of contracts being messed with after the other party has signed or something like that. I don't know the details of how it works because I've never tried it.

Anyways, 2 trusted middle-people I know of who specialize in handling transactions (while charging a little commission) are Mace Maddox and Raptorfan.
TTplaya
TTplaya
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next