Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business help.

+4
Dade Pendwyn
Mackaybre
Mirahge
Benmartin
8 posters

Go down

Business help. Empty Business help.

Post by Benmartin Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:43 am

Hey,

Okay so me and my brother have been playing for a bit now and together we have saved up enough money to start a business (I live in BC and he lives is Alberta) so i was just wondering, what would be a good industry to get into and what should i expect... any links to newspaper articles would be great!
Benmartin
Benmartin
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Business help. Empty Re: Business help.

Post by Mirahge Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:31 am

Well look for an industry that has the lowest average wages (so you can save money), if its a land buissness your looking for i would suggest grain becuase no matter whats happening, people always need food. (Make ABSOULUTLY sure you start a grain company in a high grain region) Manufacturing? Try food, cause like i said, people need food. Also, make sure you have a good mony reserve when you start, because you need to pay wages right off the bat. Also, you might want to do this from an organization. Sure, its an extra 5 gold, but if your company goes belly up your citizen could be stuck with it and unable to get a job until it sells.

Hope that helps!
Mirahge
Mirahge
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackaybre Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am

I think i heard of people complaining that there was no money in Grain production because of our high-diamond regions, and the wage competition with the Diamond industry.

I wouldn't base it solely on lowest wages (though it is a consideration), since when you start a business, it's suggested you have a lot of extra capital to help you get up and running. I'd look at the lowest wages and conclude that industry perhaps has either the most workers (or the highest turnover), the most expensive materials, or the lowest sale price:Cost ratio.

eAvie's Webpage has a couple tools regarding Productivity and Production for companies. I'd say use the normal theory in finding the points where you break even/highest profit in a given industry and make sure that's reasonable for you to maintain. As far as I've found, there isn't a catch-all article which says "Do this industry this way."

I'm slowly picking away at a spreadsheet which should help business owners organize the variables inherent in planning a business; i'll post it when i'm done.
Variables for concern include:
Cost of Material, Domestic Tax, Domestic Prices, Foreign Tax, Foreign Prices, Domestic Wages in Manu/Land/Const.,
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Dade Pendwyn Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Google search "erepublik productivity calculator" and use one of those. Plug in values for wages and raw materials (if it's manufacturing) and the market price of the product and see what the most profitable is.

You'll find that right now tickets is veeery bad to get into, so don't do that whatever you do. I haven't looked at food and gifts much, but Q1 weapons is somewhat profitable, but Canada is a small market for it. If you're going to do land you'll probably want to do diamonds, although you won't make any money at that unless you have a lot of startup capital (for export licences and upgrade to at least Q2).

I suggest that you wait until you have 50 gold before starting a new company, unless you do it in a foreign country. Also, make sure you have an org to start your company with (big difference, trust me).

I hope I wasn't a bubble burster. Companies are tough to get into.
Dade Pendwyn
Dade Pendwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmartin Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Thanks to everyone. This was exactly what I was looking for, I wasnt really sure how everything worked and what to expect the last thing i wanted was for me to go broke and have to commit esuicide and be reborn into another ecitizens body :p
Benmartin
Benmartin
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirahge Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Yeah i made the mistake od buying an oil company in B.C and thought i'd save someone else the trouble.
Mirahge
Mirahge
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Millan Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:16 am

I too am hoping to get a business off the ground soon. Will be starting my org as soon as I got the 5g, I just want to double check that there aren't any kind of upkeep fee's for an org? Does it matter if I start the org way before the business?

Steven Millan
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by chucky norris Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:31 am

Not at all and you will even be able to gift yourself, come the need to get higher wellness. As Dade said, Lots of starting capital is the key and license could make the whole difference in the end if your producing raw material ( spain as no high oil for example and US no high diamond.)
chucky norris
chucky norris
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmartin Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:01 am

Ok were do i find out which provinces have which resources is it just by common sense (BC has forestry Alberta has oil) or is there a place that I haven't come across that displays that information.
Benmartin
Benmartin
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormwhitelab Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:53 am

Benmartin wrote:Ok were do i find out which provinces have which resources is it just by common sense (BC has forestry Alberta has oil) or is there a place that I haven't come across that displays that information.
Info -> Social Stats

Scroll down and you'll see each province listed with a "details" option next to it. You can see the resources in there.
Stormwhitelab
Stormwhitelab
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

http://perrot.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirahge Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Newfoundland&Labrador is the only oil region in Canada, or atleast, one of them.
Mirahge
Mirahge
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dade Pendwyn Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Alberta doesn't have a high oil region, which is silly.
Dade Pendwyn
Dade Pendwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirahge Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:35 pm

I know, its messed up!
Mirahge
Mirahge
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmartin Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:49 pm

i got this message today what would you guys think if you got this offer would you take... i wouldn't mind buying a house and this does seem reasonable... am i being scammed?

I sell Q1 Houses well below the market price.
When you reach level 6 the game gives you 5 Gold. The average Q1 House on the market is 6+ Gold right now. I sell Q1 House at a discounted price of 4.5 Gold.
As a new player you need to save and invest your money properly to be successful. Owning a Q1 House will provide you with about 1 wellness a day based on your current wellness level. Once it is paid for you earn wellness each day it sits in your inventory at no additional cost to you.
House also hold equity! You can always sell your house or trade it in for a better house. Housing prices go up week to week. Buy your Q1 House now, save a lot of Gold, build equity, and earn wellness!
PM me if you want to buy a house or need more info! Smile
Benmartin
Benmartin
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirahge Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:34 pm

i would take it. Ask for the house first!
Mirahge
Mirahge
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dade Pendwyn Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:41 pm

4.5 gold is an ok price for a Q1 house. Only thing you have to watch out for is being scammed. Make sure you either get a contract or you get the house first. And if you do a contract make sure you paste the contract into your post and take a screenshot of the original contract so he doesn't edit and screw you over (it's happened to a lot of people)
Dade Pendwyn
Dade Pendwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilio Sanchez Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:47 pm

For your business, and finding which region has what resource. Use this interactive map since it's easy to use and shows everything.

http://erepmap.izfree.com/north-america.html#info
Emilio Sanchez
Emilio Sanchez

http://meqi.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Benmartin Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 am

Thanks to everybody for the support and quick answers... i will leave you all in my e-will!
Benmartin
Benmartin
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirahge Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Dibs his eWepons!
Mirahge
Mirahge
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer