Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the deal with hiring and firing right away?

+6
belateddeath
Dade Pendwyn
Emilio Sanchez
Kelly Mahoney
Alias Vision
MiketheSpike
10 posters

Go down

What's the deal with hiring and firing right away? Empty What's the deal with hiring and firing right away?

Post by MiketheSpike Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:38 am

OK, so this has happened to me twice now and I'm wondering what the deal is? I go to work for a company only to be fired within a day or so because they over hired! Why does this happen? Why would a company offer more jobs than they need workers for! I guess this is more of a rant than a question - but, I didn't see a rant section (maybe a good idea for the forum mod).
MiketheSpike
MiketheSpike
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with hiring and firing right away? Empty Re: What's the deal with hiring and firing right away?

Post by Alias Vision Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:43 am

I dont know but I'm going to guess it's the most effective way to cull the low wellness people from the payroll.
Alias Vision
Alias Vision
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with hiring and firing right away? Empty Re: What's the deal with hiring and firing right away?

Post by Kelly Mahoney Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:52 am

Try the Ministry of Industry companies...

Always looking for active workers!

Kelly Mahoney
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilio Sanchez Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 pm

It happens quite a bit. Before you apply for a job, you should check the companies page first. See how many are currently working there and how active those workers are. Try to find a company that has fewer workers as they will probably hold on to you longer.

Also it could just be your wellness. I'm not sure what your wellness is currently, but low wellness is a BIG reason why employers fire their employees.

If your wellness is good, and your active. Try to get a job at a bigger company. By that I mean a company like the Ministry of Industry company. Which is large and is always looking for workers.
Emilio Sanchez
Emilio Sanchez

http://meqi.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Dade Pendwyn Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:37 pm

It might be because you have low wellness. Another possible reason is that the company wants to get full bonus (10 people) so they offer jobs for 2 skills to make sure they get at least someone. Then they don't have a chance to remove the second offer before somebody takes the second job, so they need to fire somebody (probably person with lowest wellness).

If you keep your wellness high I guarantee you that you'll never be fired (unless you ask or the owner of the company is stupid). I've always kept mine above 80 and I've never been fired without asking.

Remember that the company probably loses money if your wellness is really low. Low wellness is the equivalent of being a "bad" employee.
Dade Pendwyn
Dade Pendwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by belateddeath Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:16 pm

doesnt happen if u maintain a high wellness

Employers love 80+ wellness workers
belateddeath
belateddeath
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MiketheSpike Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 am

Dade Pendwyn wrote:
If you keep your wellness high I guarantee you that you'll never be fired (unless you ask or the owner of the company is stupid). I've always kept mine above 80 and I've never been fired without asking.

why would you asl to be fired?
MiketheSpike
MiketheSpike
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Alias Vision Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 am

When you accept a new job, you commit to them for three days. Sometimes you may want to fight on foreign soil and that would require you to quit your job.
Alias Vision
Alias Vision
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwarth Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 am

CAF member are often requesting to get fired as we move around a lot and need to sometime only work a day or 2 between mission!
Dwarth
Dwarth
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Efezzo Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:08 am

aah yes i see now the purpose of having a high wellness. reading is useful,
i need a house but so expensive. will have to work on that.
Efezzo
Efezzo
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by frankypicoto Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 am

wellness above 80!!xO I've never had mine above 40 xS
frankypicoto
frankypicoto
Reliable Spammer
Reliable Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwarth Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:04 am

I keep mine @ +95 (currently @ 98) with a Q2 house and Q2 food.
Dwarth
Dwarth
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Horase Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 pm

You'll get your wellness up as soon as a battle opens up involving Canada, which unfortunately probably won't be until the end of the month or beginning of May. fight untill your 40 or 50 wellness and then use the hospital, just make sure that your in a province with a higher Q hospital, I believe Ontario just got a Q5 not to long ago, though I may be wrong.

Alternativly you could leave Canada and go to a more war active country, I'm currently in Romania getting extra xp and a bit of extra cash and it's been working wonders.
Horase
Horase
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down