Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the benefits of a Q2 employer?

3 posters

Go down

What are the benefits of a Q2 employer? Empty What are the benefits of a Q2 employer?

Post by christian.doe Fri May 29, 2009 9:56 am

I'm a boomer getting started in a Q1 company and doing well so far. Lots of reading to do!

At what point should I consider moving to a Q2 company, and what are the benefits to do such a thing (since it hurts the wellness a bit more)? Is it the pay?

Thanks for any tip.
christian.doe
christian.doe
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

What are the benefits of a Q2 employer? Empty Re: What are the benefits of a Q2 employer?

Post by Mackaybre Fri May 29, 2009 11:04 am

As an employee, you're looking for the best Wage : Wellness Loss ratio.
IE you are looking to balance the money you take in with the money you spend keeping your wellness up.

I'd recommend a wellness calculator: I just found eGobba's Wellness Calculator, which lets you choose how much of a wellness gain you want in 1 day, and offers market prices of Food and Gifts in Canada to show you how much money you'd have to spend for that.

Example: Knowing that you lose 2 Wellness a day for a Q2 company, and lose 1 Wellness a day for training, you need to gain at least 3 Wellness a day to avoid dropping in wellness. Let's say your wellness was 40:
What are the benefits of a Q2 employer? Bstgne10
(I did this calc at 11 AM Eastern Daylight Time)
With a Q2 company, 1 extra loss for training you need to gain at least 2 wellness a day. Again, with 40 Wellness:
Best gain was 2.2 from buying a Q2 Gift @ $1.60 CAD (A little side division tells me that's a 1.375 Wellness gained / CAD Spent ratio)

Then all that's left to look at is the Extra money you make from your wages. Eg. If you have a Q1 job that pays $2.60 (for the sake of simple math) you're making a daily profit of $1.00 CAD. Your criterion for jumping ship to a Q2 company would have to be a wage greater than $4.11 to ensure a greater profit.

Last edited by Mackaybre on Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Mackaybre
Mackaybre
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

What are the benefits of a Q2 employer? Empty Re: What are the benefits of a Q2 employer?

Post by Emilio Sanchez Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 am

Q2 companies do nothing for the employee's except take one more wellness point away.

You can make just as much at a Q1 company as you can at a Q2.

Q2 is more for the benefit of the company, not the workers.
Emilio Sanchez
Emilio Sanchez

http://meqi.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by christian.doe Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks guys. Surprised
christian.doe
christian.doe
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down