Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING To Anyone Sharing A Computer With A Friend, Family Member etc.

2 posters

Go down

WARNING To Anyone Sharing A Computer With A Friend, Family Member etc. Empty WARNING To Anyone Sharing A Computer With A Friend, Family Member etc.

Post by Emilio Sanchez Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:16 pm

I have told many citizens this, and everyday new citizens join who share the same computer for different accounts on eRepublik.

If you share a computer with a friend, or a family member and you each have a different accounts/ citizens on eRepublik. Send a message to the admin of eRep and let them know that you share a computer.

Give them the names of your citizen and the names of your friends/ family's citizens.

To send a message to the admins. While logged into eRep, scroll down to the bottom of the screen. You will see Wiki | Blog | Shop | Press etc. Click on the link that says Contact. When it loads click on submit a ticket. Click on New Citizen Help. Then just fill out what it asks.

Let them know you are sharing a computer with friends and the names of the citizens involved are... List them off.

The admins will put a note on your account, and if something comes up they will see the note and not ban you.

If you don't let the admins know, you risk being banned as well as your friends accounts being banned.

Also, do not donate money/ Gold between your accounts. The admin will get suspicious and may ban you. You can gift each other, just don't donate money to anyone who shares the same computer.

Thank you,
-Emilio

Last edited by Emilio Sanchez on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emilio Sanchez
Emilio Sanchez

http://meqi.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

WARNING To Anyone Sharing A Computer With A Friend, Family Member etc. Empty Re: WARNING To Anyone Sharing A Computer With A Friend, Family Member etc.

Post by christian.doe Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Could multiple computers on the same router possibly be identified by a single IP? If that's the case, I'll ask my girlfriend to just delete the invite I sent her... It's just not worth the risk.
christian.doe
christian.doe
Relatively Unknown
Relatively Unknown

Back to top Go down

WARNING To Anyone Sharing A Computer With A Friend, Family Member etc. Empty Re: WARNING To Anyone Sharing A Computer With A Friend, Family Member etc.

Post by Emilio Sanchez Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:37 pm

That depends on what the admin are using to classify IP addresses. They are using a new program to sort through IP's so I'm not sure what they go by.

Usually computers that share a router use the same IP address because the router has an IP that it uses over the Internet. Then each computer would have it's own IP address to distinguish it on the server/ router.

So most likely to the admin, it would appear that you have the same IP because that's the IP that's used over the net for all the computers on that router.
Emilio Sanchez
Emilio Sanchez

http://meqi.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down