Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Idea From Nintendo. Could it take the fun out of games?

+18
Mr. Slaughter
Anwrah
Konstiin
zurkon
Fram
Nosyt
Mackaybre
Leps Dissim
Duke Leto
David Eastcorner
frankypicoto
Kyoto Tokugawa
marcchelala
GChrome
Pifreak
Plugson
Bruck
Emilio Sanchez
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Interesting Idea From Nintendo. Could it take the fun out of games? - Page 3 Empty Re: Interesting Idea From Nintendo. Could it take the fun out of games?

Post by Eric Gunn Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:41 am

Bruck wrote:Well that's a waste, who wants a game that plays it self? lol
I couldn't say it better myself.

The wii already has games geared for kids. Those games have shortened story modes, bypassing the harder levels. (Cars, Cars MaterNationals etc) That's cool for my 5 year old.
But I wouldn't want a button in Grand Theft Auto IV that I could push to find the 200 pigeons around Liberty City... Wink
Eric Gunn
Eric Gunn
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

http://NotFamousEnoughForMyOwnWebsiteYet.com

Back to top Go down

Interesting Idea From Nintendo. Could it take the fun out of games? - Page 3 Empty Re: Interesting Idea From Nintendo. Could it take the fun out of games?

Post by Dominik Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:48 am

YES!!! PLAY FROM YOUR FUCKING HEART!!!!!

Dominik
Dominik

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanu Anand Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:04 am

Ya wii games are mostly for kids
Hanu Anand
Hanu Anand
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

http://www.erepublik.com/en/citizen/profile/1456496

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Gunn Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:31 am

I got a nice income tax return this year and splurged. I bought a WII and a PS3. To my amazement, the WII has become the most polpular console here. Super Mario Kart, Cars, WII sport and WII fitness have taken over Grand Theft Auto IV and NHL 09. There's something really satisfyin' in littereally swinging a baseball bat or a tennis racket that the PS3 doesn't quite give you. Next on my shopping list is either Guitar Hero, or Rockband. You console heads out there, which one should I get?

I'm really looking forward to the title MIR-12 for the PS3 though. Looks just dowright amazing.

Thanks for you input, Eric.
Eric Gunn
Eric Gunn
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Pifreak Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Take a look at the setlists (Wikipedia helps). Pick the one with the setlist you like more.

Or you could wait two months and a bit for Rock Band: The Beatles.

Pifreak
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Gunn Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Pifreak wrote:Take a look at the setlists (Wikipedia helps). Pick the one with the setlist you like more.

Or you could wait two months and a bit for Rock Band: The Beatles.
No effing way...The Beatles? Awesome!

I've looked at the set lists for ost of the guitar hero games. If I was to make a choice on that criteria alone, GH wins hands down. It's the "full" package of Rockband that's appealing. (Drum and vocals) I'm very good at the drum simulator at the local mall! (I'm 38 too by the way... Rolling Eyes Wink )

I'm an old metalhead, so the Metallica GH is sooooooooooooooooo tempting. Problem is, my 5 year old won't be able to keep up to Master of Puppets or Battery...Then again...The Beatles for Rockband. I can already see the promotion tour :Become the next Fab4 with Rockband tm! Dammit, I'M gonna have to buy both games and sets...

Thanks Pifreak!
Eric Gunn
Eric Gunn
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominik Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Yeah, I am definitely getting it (The Beatles one).
Dominik
Dominik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3