Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin Act

5 posters

Go down

Admin Act Empty Admin Act

Post by Cesar Augustus Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:26 pm

This was made by Alex Rearden. I am just bringing it forward on his behalf.

This is a rough draft of legislation I would like a congressmen to propose in open door congress. It basically legalizes the rights of admins. Discuss away!

I am sure there are typos and terrible grammar through out, I haven't really proof read it.

Forum Administration Act

The purpose of this document is to codify the long-standing relationship between the eCanadian Government and the Forum/IRC Administrators. Its goal is to establish what is appropriate for an administrator, forum or IRC, to do and what is not. As well as the method by which Administrators are chosen and disciplined should they abuse their powers.

Terms

Root Administrator – This is the only permanent administrator (admin) on the eCanadian forums, for the forums at eCanada.forumotion.com this is the account “John Wilkmot” his real life person is legally responsible for the board as per the terms of service agreement. He has the authority to veto any Administrator action.

Forum Administrator – An eCanadian Citizen who has access to the Admin CP on the eCanadian forums, they can modify posts, threads, forums, user profiles and forum categories within the limits set forth in this act.

Duties of Admins

All Forum Admins are bound to uphold the forums Terms of Service (ToS) agreement,it is their first priority and rises above any legislation established by the eCanadian government.

All Forum Admins are bound uphold to the eCanadian Constitution above any other legislation enacted by the eCanadian Government, either through Executive Order or Congressional Vote.

All Forum Admins are bound to uphold all legislation established by the eCanadian Government either through Congressional Vote or Executive Order, the former taking more precedent than the latter. However, congress does not have the right to legislate an administrator action I.e forum modification, account modification including the selection of Administrators. Whether or not an act of legislation is considered a direct order to admin team is determined by the Root Administrator of the Forum.

Forum Administrator's may also act in accordance to the wishes of the Prime Minister, the Cabinet, the General of the Canadian Armed Forces, Congress and all other forum member groupings at their discretion. This includes the modification of threads by movement,locking, stickying or making an announcement and the modification of a user accounts forum permissions provided it is not in violation of the ToS, Constitution or Legislation of eCanada.

Administrators DO NOT have the right to delete posts or threads unless they are the original author OR a post/thread is found in violation of the Forum Terms of Services. If a thread is locked the Forum Administrator must post a clear explanation of why it was locked.

Rights of Admins

The Forum Administration Team has the right to act unilaterally in the creation of new forums, modification of user groups, selection of moderators and all other actions not prohibited by the “Duties of Admins” section.

They have the right to choose more administrators by vote between all admins with the Root Admin having a veto.
The Root Admin has the right to act to counteract any action by another Adminstrator without reprisal, unless its in violation of the duties stated in the “Duties of Admins” section.

Disciplinary Action for Administrator Abuse
If a forum user feels that a Forum Admin has abused their power or found in violation of this act they have the right to post in the “Admin Abuse Thread” Located in the Admin-Member Connection Area of the forum. The Admin team will then discuss the abuse and take disciplinary action which may include, temporary or permanent removal of Administrator privileges determined by an Admin vote with the Root Admin retaining veto authority.

If the forum user who made the claim of Admin Abuse is not satisfied with the disciplinary action of the Admin Team they may request a trial before the Supreme Court will then decide on whether or not abuse of power or violation of this act has occurred and a suitable disciplinary action. Administrators are bound to provide information requested by the Court including administrator and moderation logs, IRC logs and other evidence. If the Root Admin does not follow through with the ruling of the Supreme Court he can be tried for Abuse of Admin Rights under this act.

If the accusation is directed at the Root Admin, the removal of Admin privileges is not possible. The Supreme Court has two options if the Root Admin is found guilty of abuse of power or violation of this act, a public condemnation of the Root Admins access with the authority of the entire eCanadian Government. Or In extreme cases, the Court may demand that the Root Admin relinquish access to that account transferring the password to the next ranked Admin in terms of seniority as forum administrator. In either case, an in-game forum article is necessary to produce a public outcry against the actions of the Root Admin.

In conclusion, Administrators are independent of the eCanadian Government but like all citizens are bound to the laws of eCanada and offer their time and dedication to the maintaining an open and safe seat of Government for eCanada.
Cesar Augustus
Cesar Augustus
Admin
Admin

http://www.chillout22.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Admin Act Empty Re: Admin Act

Post by Gofarman Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Well... does anyone have anything to say? or should this go to a vote?
Gofarman
Gofarman
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Leto Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:00 pm

i approve
Duke Leto
Duke Leto
Insane Forumer
Insane Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gofarman Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Is this the same as the one on the new forum? it might be wise to wait until the forums are moved, then we can pass this and there will be no question of validity or jurisdiction.
Gofarman
Gofarman
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Goran Thrax Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:12 pm

We are switching forums?
Goran Thrax
Goran Thrax
Frequent Forumer
Frequent Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Rearden Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:09 pm

JW Wandered off, so we aren't switching anytime soon.

This would apply to the current forum staff, not overly important at the moment but I said I was going to get this proposed during my concession speech so I did Smile
Alexander Rearden
Alexander Rearden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gofarman Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:09 am

Well Alex you might be pleasantly surprised because Ironman has been working on a new forum for some time now. http://ecanada.ws I guess I assumed this was more public.
Gofarman
Gofarman
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum