Official eCanada forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches?

+3
Moffington
Dean22
Dr. Christopher Quid
7 posters

Go down

Should Jacobi be Impeached

Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Vote_lcap35%Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 13 ]
Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Vote_lcap57%Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 21 ]
Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Vote_lcap8%Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 37

Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Empty Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches?

Post by Dr. Christopher Quid Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Should Jacobi be Impeached or Given a Basket of Peaches?

A Dr. Christopher Quid MD exclusive

For months, a controversy has been brewing. It started when Dean22 left for Russia. I “sat” down with dean to get his side of the story. In December he was the minister of defense for Canada and acquired over 8000 guns for the CAF. In the interview Dean told me during that time he was approached by ATLANTIS country president and volunteered to aid in the operation. He said that he posed as a PEACE congressman to take up PEACE votes and at the last second left Russia, so PEACE would lose a seat. He clams to only have taken ten guns for himself to fight PEACE when war broke out.

There was a trial in the Supreme Court which was dismissed. After which the congress used the then constitution, which had provisions for congress to remove citizenship from anyone. The case was brought to congress and short discussion was held. A majority was achieved (75%) and dean was banned. I was able to talk Bruck about this subject in an interview. When I told him what Dean22 told me he said ”This issue has been around for quite some time, naturally Dean has had plenty of time to prepare a well fit story.” At the time Bruck was a Major in the CAF and saw the effects deans leaving had on the CAF. “Dean left Canada without orders from the eCanadian government (he claims his orders came from ATLANTIS, he was not permitted to follow through with said orders without approval from the President) While he was AWOL he removed all supplies from the CAF org as well as the CAD held in reserve for our soldiers and distributed this to the Russians” he says. He tells me dean when the alarms were sounded he resigned and left eCanada behind. But then dean returned. Was if to answer for the accusations? Bruck tells me that it was to raise a food strike among Canadian in hopes of making more CAD.

Not to long ago Jacobi lifted the ban on Dean22, after months of failed attempts in congress. The only way to remove the ban would be for another congressional vote. “What Jacobi did was circumvent congress and the courts without due process. To give him a chance we said he vetoed congress, which is effectively what he did.” Said an unnamed congressman. When asked if Jacobi unlawful superseded congress bruck said, “In my opinion yes, he interpreters the law differently saying that Congress preformed an illegal vote to remove his citizenship, while I would say his restoring the citizenship without congress approval, while they were the ones to remove it in the first place, is illegal. Because the citizenship was removed by Congress and later Dean pressed several Congressmen to raise the issue to restore his citizenship in Congress a precedent had been set whereas Congress was responsible for Citizenship and not the President.” In a release sent to me by president Jacobi states that they adhere to only one constitution at a time, that congress overstepped its constitutional boundaries, and even if the vote was valid, the constitution says that a player acquires a citizenship by being in the county for forteen days and a congressional vote cannot supersede the constitution. To overturn a veto, in the constitution, a vote of sixty percent or greater in needed. In an open-door congress session, congress voted seventy-two percent to overturn the veto. In a follow up Jacobi told me that, “I did not veto any vote, nor do I really believe I have the power to veto a vote that occurred before I had joined Erepublik. I merely followed the constitution as it is laid out.” When asked if dean should be re-banned he replied “Absolutely, failure to do so would violate the constitution and if Jacobi is blatantly ignoring this fact then I will push for his impeachment from the Presidency, without hesitation”

With calls for Dean22’s exile or the impeachment of Jacobi, Jacobi’s first term has been stained with controversy and strife. I can only hope that the Presedent and Congress can settle on a deal before things get out of hand, and Canadians are force back into the voting booths.

Last edited by Dr. Christopher Quid on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dr. Christopher Quid
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Empty Re: Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches?

Post by Dean22 Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Dr. Christopher Quid wrote:

There was a trial in the Supreme Court which ended is a mistrial. After which the congress used the then constitution, which had provisions for congress to remove citizenship from anyone. The case was brought to congress and short discussion was held. A majority was achieved (75%) and dean was banned.

Not to long ago Jacobi lifted the ban on Dean22, after months of failed attempts in congress. The only way to remove the ban would be for another congressional vote. “What Jacobi did was circumvent congress and the courts without due process. To give him a chance we said he vetoed congress, which is effectively what he did.” Said an unnamed congressman. When asked if Jacobi unlawful superseded congress bruck said, “In my opinion yes, he interpreters the law differently saying that Congress preformed an illegal vote to remove his citizenship, while I would say his restoring the citizenship without congress approval, while they were the ones to remove it in the first place, is illegal. Because the citizenship was removed by Congress and later Dean pressed several Congressmen to raise the issue to restore his citizenship in Congress a precedent had been set whereas Congress was responsible for Citizenship and not the President.” In a release sent to me by president Jacobi states that they adhere to only one constitution at a time, that congress overstepped its constitutional boundaries, and even if the vote was valid, the constitution says that a player acquires a citizenship by being in the county for forteen days and a congressional vote cannot supersede the constitution. To overturn a veto, in the constitution, a vote of sixty percent or greater in needed. In an open-door congress session, congress voted seventy-two percent to overturn the veto. In a follow up Jacobi told me that, “I did not veto any vote, nor do I really believe I have the power to veto a vote that occurred before I had joined Erepublik. I merely followed the constitution as it is laid out.” When asked if dean should be re-banned he replied “Absolutely, failure to do so would violate the constitution and if Jacobi is blatantly ignoring this fact then I will push for his impeachment from the Presidency, without hesitation”

With calls for Dean22’s exile or the impeachment of Jacobi, Jacobi’s first term has been stained with controversy and strife. I can only hope that the Presedent and Congress can settle on a deal before things get out of hand, and Canadians are force back into the voting booths.

Ok let's shift through the propaganda with the lies in this article:

1) I was never banned from Canada

2) The trial was not a mistrial. It closed as me innocent and Augustus Baldwin lost the case.

3) Jacobi never reinstated my citizenship. If anyone it was Scorpius/Thordan for looking into how congress acted illegally against me in the past.

4) The corrupt CEP government members are now in Supreme Court for it's illegal actions in the past
Dean22
Dean22
Forum User
Forum User

Back to top Go down

Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches? Empty Re: Should Jacobi be Impeached or given a basket of peaches?

Post by Dr. Christopher Quid Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Its funny because that info can from one of your supporters

Dr. Christopher Quid
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Moffington Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 pm

Click here to see Dean22's case. It clearly says he is not guilty.

"Thus all charges against Dean22 made by Augustus Baldwin are henceforth dismissed. Without any valid charge, the supreme court rejects this case, yet Dean22 may not be brought to court again, on these three charges." - Chief Justice Halve
Moffington
Moffington
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Unthak Jones Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Dean22 wrote:
Dr. Christopher Quid wrote:

There was a trial in the Supreme Court which ended is a mistrial. After which the congress used the then constitution, which had provisions for congress to remove citizenship from anyone. The case was brought to congress and short discussion was held. A majority was achieved (75%) and dean was banned.

Ok let's shift through the propaganda with the lies in this article:

1) I was never banned from Canada

2) The trial was not a mistrial. It closed as me innocent and Augustus Baldwin lost the case.

3) Jacobi never reinstated my citizenship. If anyone it was Scorpius/Thordan for looking into how congress acted illegally against me in the past.

4) The corrupt CEP government members are now in Supreme Court for it's illegal actions in the past

My lord your are mistaken.

1) You were banned from canada, even if you were illegally, it still happened

3) Ceasar Augustus had stated that he recieved a Private Message from jacobi to give you the citizenship mask, aka Citizenship

4) What illegal actions? If this is about the whole DAL thing, there is no legislation prohibiting the attempted hi-jacking of a political party by a domestic agent.

@ Moffington: Kelly Mahoney was Cheif Justice at the time of the origional Court Case.
Unthak Jones
Unthak Jones
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominik Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Unthak Jones wrote:

In other words..... he wasn't banned, right?
Dominik
Dominik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Christopher Quid Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:49 pm

i dont know

Last edited by Dr. Christopher Quid on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Christopher Quid
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean22 Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:11 pm

Dominik wrote:
Unthak Jones wrote:

In other words..... he wasn't banned, right?

lmao Dominik you made me laugh my ass off irl.
Dean22
Dean22
Forum User
Forum User

Back to top Go down

Post by Unthak Jones Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:12 pm

He was, a wrongful ban is still a ban. Its just not kosher
Unthak Jones
Unthak Jones
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosyt Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Well, the justification for letting Dean22 in is that he was a legal citizen under the 14 day rule, and the ban was illegitimate. However there is definitely a wee bit of controversy over this Razz. Since the issue is legal in nature (the question being "did Jacobi have the legal right to restore Dean's citizenship?") I feel the matter should be handled by the courts, because no matter how hard each side tries, the law isn't clear on this one. (otherwise there wouldn't be so much controversy Razz )
Nosyt
Nosyt
Pillar of the Community
Pillar of the Community

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominik Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Well, do yourselves all a favour, take this document: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dccsdm2v_0ckzg5jdj&hl=en and FINISH it.
Dominik
Dominik

Back to top Go down

Post by Cesar Augustus Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:29 pm

you guys sure the article wasn't removed for another reason such as false information Razz
Cesar Augustus
Cesar Augustus
Admin
Admin

http://www.chillout22.piczo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum